Coazzolo: a dream of 4 km² between Langhe and Monferrato.
Coazzolo rises between Langhe and Monferrato.
It covers an area of just 4.05 km² and has a population of about 280 inhabitants.
It is about 26 km from Asti, the provincial capital.
Coazzolo has very ancient origins.
The first mention of the country dates back to 13 April 1196.
Coazzolo was dominated by the diocese of Alba, the Astesi, and the Savoy families.
Food and wine and typical products.
The local economy is based on the cultivation of the vine: Moscato, Barbera, and Dolcetto are the wines' protagonists of the territory.
Excellence all coazzolese is the cougnà, mustard made from grape must.
The best opportunity to taste it is the Palio of the Cougna Festival (Sagra del Palio della Cougnà), an event that animates the streets and courtyards of Coazzolo in the month of October.
To be seen.
The town is dominated by its ancient castle.
Privileged panoramic points of the area are the Natural Amphitheatre, the Giant Blue Bench, and the Pastels Vineyard (Vigna dei Pastelli), an artistic installation in the vineyard with rows of giant pencils.
Furthermore, at the entrance to the Amphitheatre, there is a Land Art with vine branches.
During the Fascist period, the municipality of Coazzolo was merged with Castagnole delle Lanze, at the time in the province of Alessandria.
It was only after the fall of the regime that the two municipalities regained their autonomy.
Information synthesis and/or re-elaboration was taken from the website of the Municipality of Coazzolo
Cover image source: Municipality of Coazzolo