On the site now occupied by the palace of the Province of Asti and that of the former Intendenza di Finanza (formerly Casa del Fascio), once stood the Alla.
The impressive Foro Boario, built in 1840, was used as a multipurpose space for markets, fairs and exhibitions.
With the coming of fascism, in 1938, the semicircular part of the building was demolished to make way for the Casa Littoria.
The building was completely demolished in 1939.
• Bibliographic notes
Review of the contents of the publications “Doppio clic - La Memoria fotografica dell'Astigiano” (Pippo Sacco, Publisher Diffusione Immagine, 2008) and “Doppio clic 2 - La Memoria fotografica dell'Astigiano” (Pippo Sacco, Publisher Diffusione Immagine, 2011), collections of the weekly “DOPPIO CLIC” section published on the Asti pages of “La Stampa”.