Towards the western end of the concentric stands the chapel dedicated to S. Anna, patron of Aramengo.
The small church would seem to have been built a first time on the occasion of the terrible plague of 1348, which scourged the whole territory, was then rebuilt in the mid-seventeenth century.
From a Pastoral Visit of 1667, we know it seriously compromised in the structures and therefore was forbidden to worship. At the same time, the population, devoted to the patron saint, already pondered its reconstruction, which we know certainly completed in 1673, when a new Pastoral Visit re-established its usability.
For over a decade, between the end of the 1700s and the early 1800s, this small church, together with the rural one of S. Giorgio, replaced the Parish Church, then under construction.
The façade, reconstructed together with most of the walls in the seventeenth century, is characterized by a triangular pediment, supported by double pilasters. At the center, above the naked access portal, there is a square window framed by a shaped strip, connected above to a large curved tympanum. Immediately above the door, a plaque shows the dedication in Latin that recalls the figure of St. Giovanni Bosco who in 1840, still a deacon, held here his first public sermon, right on the figure of St. Anne.
On the left side of the roof, near the façade, you can see the elegant triangular-shaped bell tower with the surfaces marked by small string courses and at the top the small bell tower with its slender curved arched openings.
Passed the few steps you enter inside, consisting of a single rectangular area without an apse. The barrel vault is subdivided by a two-part arc and appears pleasantly lightened by fingernails near small windows.
The only altar is set against the back wall and has a modern counter-top.
Above the table stands a large canvas depicting the Madonna between S.Anna and S. Gioacchino, enclosed in an important structure with columns and capitals. Higher up, another large frame connected to the whole and in the drawing reproduces the one on the façade, houses a small canvas depicting an Angel announcing the birth of Mary to St. Anne.
Source: Text taken from the work "ARAMENGO NELLA STORIA" of Beppe Moiso - Aramengo, 2012
For more information: