It stands on the eastern edge of the village and dominates the striking “Rialto” basin. Of round shape, it was built by the Community in 1820 on the site of a precedent, which was built in the second half of 1500. About a century after its construction, the church presented “many lenditure, was door-free and threatened ruin” for to which the Community proceeded in its total reconstruction in 1698.
Ten years later, no one knows why, the new chapel was still to be blessed, so that Mgr. Morozzo wrote in 1709: “This chapel, not yet blessed, almost always open, is almost useless”. After the severe remarks of the Bishop the small temple was blessed and provided with a new icon representing the SS. Trinity and Saints James and Constantius.
The coat of arms of the Municipality to which the church belonged was also depicted in the canvas. At the end of the 1800s the chapel was “cracked at different points” so it was ordered to be “visited by experts and repaired”.
Having made the appropriate observations, it was found impossible to proceed with a suitable repair of the building, as a result of which the Municipality ordered that it be demolished and in the spring of 1820 decided to raise a new chapel (the current one) on the same area.
The church - of modest proportions - is kept with care. The interior is decorated with sober properties. Icon is a painting depicting the Mystery of the SS. Trinity.
Every year the festival is celebrated with solemnity. On the eve of the eve, after the functions of the parish church, the Valfeneresi love to gather around the characteristic chapel. And while the band plays a concert, the traditional bonfire is fired with rocket launches. On the day of the festival it was customary to hold a special lottery that greatly affected our old men.
The objects at stake were only two and always the same: a man's hat and a handkerchief for women. The extraction took place after the vespers on the square adjacent to the church. There were as many tickets as there were participants, which were recorded in a special register. In another bag they put white broad beans and alone among them, a black bean. A note and a broad bean were extracted. If the bean was white, it would tear up the ticket and put the bean back in the bag. Then another extraction followed. Won the one whose name was matched in the extraction of the black bean.