The parish church of St. James the Apostle was built at the site on which the ancient castle stood.
It preserves the medieval apse of the pre-existing building, dedicated to St. Stephen, mentioned-united with the very ancient Romanesque church of St. Michael, demolished when the cemetery was enlarged-in the 1041 diploma with which Emperor Henry III listed the churches pertaining to the Church of Asti.
The bell tower is in Romanesque form.
Comune di Azzano d'Asti
- La Chiesa Parrocchiale di San Giacomo Apostolo
BeWeb - Beni Ecclesiastici in WEB
- Chiesa di San Giacomo Apostolo