Its bell tower, with a height of nearly 50 meters, represents one of the most impressive in the province.
From the churchyard it is possible to enjoy a splendid view of the Pianalto.
Chronology of events
- 1398: Abellone Malabaila left a will in which he ordered the construction of a church dedicated to St. John the Baptist in Cantarana, leaving the castle to his heirs (whose remains were found in 1995 by Marco Ferrero and Angelo Benotto).
- 1695: The present parish church is built by Antonio Casto (wealthy farmer from Cantarana) and dedicated to Santa Dorotea.
- 1914: Don Giovanni Soria has the parish's new bell tower built by architect Gallo of Turin is nearly 50 meters high, becoming one of the most impressive bell towers in the province of Asti.
Comune di Cantarana
BeWeb - Beni Ecclesiastici in WEB
- Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista e Santa Dorotea
Wikipedia, l'enciclopedia libera.
- Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista (Cantarana)
GAL BMA - Gruppo di Azione Locale del Basso Monferrato Astigiano
- Comune di Cantarana (AT)