The church has very ancient origins: it is mentioned in an 1151 document from the Asti Chapter Archives.
Traces of the Romanesque layout are still visible in the apse.
Erected as a parish in 1638, the two side aisles were added in 1820 when the apse was also raised and the façade redone in neoclassical style.
Inside, the central nave is characterized by lowered barrel vaults, while the side aisles are sometimes vaulted.
Of note is the octagonal marble baptistery.
The present façade in neoclassical style was built in the same period, while the bell tower, with a square base and large belfry, dates from the 1400s.
In 1986 it was chosen as the seat of the unified parish of the municipality and named after Saints Roch and Michael.
BeWeb - Beni Ecclesiastici in WEB
- Chiesa di San Michele Arcangelo
GAL BMA - Gruppo di Azione Locale del Basso Monferrato Astigiano
- Comune di Dusino San Michele (AT)