The origins of the church of S. Rocco of Montafia date back to before 1695 as there existed at that time a country chapel placed a little higher than the road and surrounded by an iron gate.
Subsequently, the chapel was restored several times and in 1928 the parish priest Don Gallino had it included in the census of the diocese of Asti because it had never been mentioned.
It was on the initiative of the Major Miglino, in the thirties of the last century, that the chapel was entirely rebuilt in the current neo-gothic forms, thanks also to the local manpower offered free of charge.
The mayor at his death left his house in use at the curia of Asti to welcome the priests with the burden of providing for the celebration of Holy Mass in the church of S. Rocco.
The Curia provided for a few years with the priests don Turci and don Franchino, but had to restore possession to the legitimate heirs when he could no longer dispose of priests.
Five marriages and a baptism were celebrated in the church, while the funeral that come from the neighboring hill areas of Nigiotto, S. Marco hamlet and Via Palazzo Borello stop for the blessing.