Parish church, once the castle chapel.
Characteristic is the bell tower: built in 1678 it is 40 meters high.
In ancient times, the current church was the castle chapel; in fact, under the floor, the skeletons of the ancestors of the lords of the castle were found.
The people's church was in the square, where now there is the Town Hall.
It is dedicated to Saint Catherine of Egypt.
In a niche behind the high altar, at the top, there is the statue of this Saint with the broken wheel, the symbol of her martyrdom.
On the ceiling above the altar, there is a fresco depicting angels worshiping the Blessed Sacrament.
At the four corners, there are the four evangelists: St. Mark with a lion beside him, St. John with the eagle, St. Matthew with an angel, and St. Luke with an ox.
At the top, we read the words “Domus dei est domus orationis” which invites the faithful to pray.
The interior of the church consists of a large nave with eight columns, on which there are six side chapels; in one of these, there is the baptismal font.
The balustrade and the high altar are of a very precious marble of various colors; in two side chapels, there are two smaller altars, one of which is dedicated to Mary Immaculate.
Bell tower was built in 1678 and is forty meters tall; in its belfry, there are five bells, one of which, the one dedicated to St. Catherine, weighs 470 kilos.
For more information: