The church is located next to the castle, on the top of the hill overlooking the village and the historic center is gathered around it.
Built between 1684 and 1695, it is dedicated to S. Stefano, from which it takes its name and is one of the best preserved and most representative baroque churches in the province of Asti.
The baroque façade, made of exposed brick, is marked by pilasters with capitals with elements of the composite and ionic order, supporting an entablature that separates the two superimposed orders and the semicircular pediment.
There are four niches with as many statues dating back to 1943, depicting the religious virtues: Faith, Hope, Charity and Humility.
The bell tower, which is also part of the church, is 35 meters high.
The interior consists of a single nave, preceded by an elegant porch that protects an imposing walnut portal from the church.
Vault is barrel, supported by solid arches. On the sides there are four chapels, full of stuccos. The nave ends in a semicircular apse.
Among the many furnishings of great interest, the beautiful pulpit of the late 1600. Valuable altarpiece of the chapel of St. Joseph, depicting the Nativity of Our Lord, painted in 1698 and the major representing the martyrdom of St. Stephen.