Built between the end of the sixteenth and the beginning of the seventeenth century with the contribution of Count Gerolamo Pelletta, it originally had a nave and a single rectangular altar.
The sacristy was located behind the altar and there was a bell outside the roof. It was without a bell tower and surrounded, towards Villa and Corsione, from the cemetery.
The accounts gave the new priest a habitation in the house next to the church, now private property.
Later, at the beginning of the eighteenth century, the two side altars were built, still visible today. The church was equipped with a second bell and the cemetery was fenced.
In 1838 the bishop of Asti came to inaugurate the marble high altar, while in 1842 he arranged to cover the wooden choir.
In 1850 the Faussone di Germagnano, the new owner of the castle, built the little choir where there is currently a storeroom: it gave access to the noble family at the door of the presbytery.
In the early 1800s, moreover, by order of the French authorities, the new cemetery was built on the territory of the parish.
In 1939 the passage to the house adjacent to the church was closed and the corridor of the sacristy was born.
In 1962 the church was equipped with a marble altar on the left side chapel.
From the area in front of the church, it is possible to enjoy a splendid panorama.