The exhibition is set up in guesthouse of the Abbey of Vezzolano.
The church was built at the end of the eleventh century.
First document attesting the presence of the Ecclesia di Santa Maria di Vezzolano dates back to 1095.
It was part of an important monastic complex of which the church, the cloister and the chapter hall remain visible today.
Of particular value, inside, the “jubè”: a rare architectural structure on small columns, divided the space for the clergy from that of the faithful in the central nave.
In the cloister, one of the best preserved in Piedmont, we highlight the presence of sculpted capitals and a precious cycle of fourteenth-century frescoes.