The Town Hall was built in the years 1858-59 on a project of surveyor Rocco Porcio, designer of important buildings in Asti including that of the current headquarters of the Cassa di Risparmio di Asti.
Prior to the reorganization of the municipal archives, the grandiose appearance of the building had led to the assumption that the municipality had acquired a building of noble origin that had succeeded the ancient castle.
The data that emerged from the rearrangement ascertained that the construction of the building was instead due to the exclusive initiative of the municipality, which conceived it for the specific function for which it is intended.
This is a fact that to the structural and architectural merit of the building adds symbolic value because "the palace " is a sign of a strong-willed and courageous community endowed with much practical sense, but also with aesthetic ambitions.
This appears all the more true when one considers that, among several projects, the councilors of the time chosed the most ambitious.
The central hall, inspired by the model of the feast halls of eighteenth-century castles, is enriched in the vault by valuable pictorial decorations with medallions depicting famous people: Vittorio Alfieri, Silvio Pellico, Camillo Benso di Cavour, and Alessandro Manzoni.
Comune di Revigliasco d'Asti
- Il Palazzo Comunale
Wikipedia, l'enciclopedia libera.
- Revigliasco d'Asti