• State: Italy
• Region: Piedmont
• Province: Asti
• Coordinates: Lat. 45° 03' 11'' N | Long. 8° 02' 10'' E
• Altitude: 280 meters above sea level
• Surface area: 4.82 km²
• Neighboring municipalities: Capriglio, Passerano Marmorito, Piovà Massaia
• Postcode: 14020
• Dialing code: 0141
• ISTAT code: 005035
• Land registry code: C528
• Seismic classification: zone 4 (very low seismicity)
• Climate classification: zone E, 2717 heating degree days
• Name of inhabitants: cerretesi
• Patron saint: S. Bartolomeo | August 24th
• Distance from Asti: 25 km
The toponym of the town derives from the Latin “cerrus” (cerro) with the addition of the collective suffix -etum to mean, in fact, the forest of oaks.
Much of the territory of Cerreto, in fact, is covered by woods of various kinds.
Walking through the luxuriant green in which the village is immersed we can encounter the long-lived Bagolaro, can live even 500 years and is nicknamed the hackberry for its roots that can penetrate the rocks, once used to build oars, rims and axles for the wagons.
⭕ Municipal palace
The municipal building, Palazzo Mosso, dating back to the 18th century, entirely restored in 1975, is the seat of the municipal offices and the post office.
The inner courtyard is often used for cultural and theatrical events.
⚡ See also...
⛲ Discover Cerreto d'Asti events
⏬ Municipium, the App of your Municipality