Where today the Town Hall stands was formerly home to the town's fortress.
The inhabitants found protection, sheltered by its walls, in case of sieges.
The first castle was destroyed in 1553 by French soldiers, and a second, smaller castle was immediately built by the Montafia family.
In the late 1700s appears in ruins and it was sold to the community. In the mid-19th century, having flattened the ancient hill, work began on the construction of today's Town Hall.
From the hill it is possible to enjoy a splendid view of the surrounding hills.
Comune di Tigliole
- Il palazzo municipale
Wikipedia, l'enciclopedia libera.