• State: Italy
• Region: Piedmont
• Province: Asti
• Coordinates: Lat. 44° 45' 19'' N | Long. 8° 17' 47'' E
• Altitude: 301 meters above sea level
• Surface area: 9.68 km²
• Neighboring municipalities: Calamandrana, Canelli, Castelnuovo Calcea, Moasca, Nizza Monferrato
• Postcode: 14050
• Dialing code: 0141
• ISTAT code: 005100
• Land registry code: I017
• Seismic classification: zone 4 (very low seismicity)
• Climate classification: zone E, 2735 Degree-day
• Name of inhabitants: sanmarzanesi
• Patron saint: S. Maria Maddalena | July 22nd
• Distance from Asti: 24 km
The Municipality of San Marzano Oliveto is located in a panoramic position, 300 meters above sea level. It is visible from the provincial road n. 6 (to Asti).
The landscape of S. Marzano remembers at times the Tuscan and Umbrian and its almost mystical peace, an irresistible attraction on foreigners, many of whom have chosen it as their residence, at least for a part of the year.
Among these the German painter Viktor Möllerstaedt, whose works, exhibited in several local exhibitions, consisting of scenographic projects, are inspired by the fifteenth-century Italian art.
Amazon Hub Locker