• State: Italy
• Region: Piedmont
• Province: Asti
• Coordinates: Lat. 44° 39' 52'' N | Long. 8° 17' 46'' E
• Altitude: 224 meters above sea level
• Surface area: 15.76 km
• Neighboring municipalities: Canelli, Cassinasco, Cessole, Loazzolo, Monastero Bormida, Roccaverano
• Postcode: 14051
• Dialing code: 0144
• ISTAT code: 005001
• Land registry code: B236
• Seismic classification: zone 4 (very low seismicity)
• Climatic classification: zone E, 2670 heating degree days
• Name of inhabitants: bubbiesi
• Patron saint: S. Simone | October 28th
• Distance from Asti: 40 km
The village of Bubbio (from the Latin bivium, because placed on the intersection of Roman roads between the Valle Bormida and the Asti region), has kept intact some important urban features, with the old houses on the sides of the fourteenth-century Via Maestra, bounded by the castle and the parish church, and a series of districts, alleys and stairways that create striking views and stone corners forgotten by time.
The village stands on a rocky terrace overlooking its most steep stretch on the Bormida river and sloping down from the other sides into fields and meadows towards the valley where the "big street" forks in the direction of Canelli.
• Municipal palace
Town hall in Neoclassical style.