• State: Italy
• Region: Piedmont
• Province: Asti
• Coordinates: Lat. 44° 46′ 29′′ N | Long. 8° 21′ 18′′ E
• Altitude: 138 meters above sea level
• Surface area: 30.36 km²
• Neighboring municipalities: Calamandrana, Castel Boglione, Castelnuovo Belbo, Castelnuovo Calcea, Fontanile, Incisa Scapaccino, Mombaruzzo, San Marzano Oliveto, Vaglio Serra, Vinchio
• Postcode: 14049
• Dialing code: 0141
• ISTAT code: 005080
• Land registry code: F902
• Seismic classification: zone 4 (very low seismicity)
• Climatic classification: zone E, 2524 heating degree days
• Name of inhabitants: nicesi or nizzesi
• Patron saint: S. Carlo Borromeo | November 4th
• Distance from Asti: 25 km
Nizza Monferrato is located in the heart of Monferrato, in the Belbo torrent valley.
The territory covers an area of 30.36 km², mostly hilly, surrounded by the hills of High Monferrato.
It is unusual to note that the city, in the most ancient part, is triangular with districts all in a straight line.
Nizza and its fine Barbera wine have been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site on 22 June 2014.
With the city of Canelli, it is the second largest city for population (over 10,000 inhabitants) and importance of Asti region, after Asti: from the provincial capital is about 25 km.
• Municipal palace
Town hall built between the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries.