All that remains of the Cassinasco Castle, destroyed in 1615, is a tower with a square plan 20 meters high.
The point offers a splendid panoramic view over the whole circle of the Alps.
• Availability: open to visitors
Once the castle of Cassinasco with its tower had to have extreme strategic importance as it dominated the way that from the Belbo valley led to that of Bormida; here the crossroads of the medieval tracks branched off with Rocchetta Palafea, Loazzolo, Bubbio and Canelli, whose route is largely traced from today's streets.
The tower is presumed to have been erected in the Byzantine - Longobard era, like others in the area. It has a square plan like that of Cavatore, Terzo and Olmo Gentile with a very massive, high structure and a fine squared stone.
On the north and south side there are traces of constructions leaning and tucked into the structure, a clear sign of the simultaneous realization, we can hypothesize, of a small castle building.
The medieval tower, recently restored and equipped with an internal staircase with a walkway about 20 meters high (with visits always possible) with important naturalistic engineering works, has been prepared a lookout from which you can admire the circle of the Alps with the Monviso isolated in the background , and closer the Belbo and Bormida valleys.
The realization of a green area, with dance floor and playground, has allowed to revive the entire upper part of the country, which is still the center of social life in Cassinasco.
In fact, in front of the already fortified hill we find the parish church dedicated to S. Ilario.