Rocca d'Arazzo: the ancient fief of the Cacherano where the fury of the Spaniards destroyed the royal fortress.
Rocca d'Arazzo rises to the south-east of the province of Asti.
It covers an area of 12.56 km² and has a population of about 900 inhabitants.
It is about 10 km from Asti, the provincial capital.
The ancient Castum Genesii, the first toponym of Rocca d'Arazzo, appears in a document around the year 1000.
The territory was dominated by the Asti Committee and, subsequently, given as a fief to the Cacherano who kept it for a long period of time.
Food and wine and typical products.
Barbera and agnolotti are the protagonists of the table at Rocca d'Arazzo.
An opportunity to taste them is the Festival of Agnolotto and Barbera (Sagra dell'Agnolotto e del Barbera).
To be seen.
Not far away we meet the parish church dedicated to Saints Genesio e Stefano.
The Castle of Rocca d'Arazzo was a royal fortress of the duchy under the dominion of Gian Galeazzo Visconti.
Information synthesis and/or re-elaboration was taken from the website of the Municipality of Rocca d'Arazzo
Cover image source: Provincia di Asti