Revigliasco d'Asti, in the “living room” of the Tanaro Valley, where the cherries have the taste of the sky…
Revigliasco d'Asti rises in the South-West of Astigiano.
The town covers an area of 8.84 km² and has a population of about 780 inhabitants.
It is about 7 km from Asti, the provincial capital.
The territory of Revigliasco d'Asti was already colonized in Roman times, but the town developed only in the Middle Ages.
An indelible trace of the Roman settlement is represented by the discovery, in 1948, of a Roman epigraph.
The oldest document referring to Revigliasco dates back to 886.
In the 12th century, the territory passed under the government of the Municipality of Asti and remained there until 1371 when it was sold to Amedeo Roero.
In later times Revigliasco was dominated by the Visconti, the Dukes of Orleans, and the Savoy.
Food and wine and typical products.
Revigliasco is known throughout the world as the land of cherries.
The renowned cherry market has now been replaced by the Cherry Festival (Sagra della Ciliegia) which takes place in June.
Wine production is also revealing.
Local wines are Barbera d'Asti and Grignolino d'Asti.
Revigliasco is also a land of truffles and the precious round gentle hazelnut of Piedmont.
To be seen.
Visitors are welcomed by the chapel of Saint Rocco, particularly loved by the villagers.
Not far away, you can see a statue of the Virgin Mary.
The hill of the Cemetery is also worth a stop for its panoramic position.
Visitors are greeted by the Chapel of Beata Vergine delle Grazie.
For outdoor lovers, there is also the presence of a monumental white willow, the equipped panoramic point in Piazza Garons and La Cascina della Balia, where Vittorio Alfieri lived his first year of life.
The Municipality of Revigliasco has a historical coat of arms representing an Easter lamb.
Information synthesis and/or re-elaboration was taken from the website of the Municipality of Revigliasco d'Asti